Information and news from Overton Electrical. Just read our Overton Blog …
There are no vacancies at this time.
Landlord’s Responsibility to Ensure Electrical Safety
As a landlord, you’re required to ensure all electrical wiring, installations and appliances are safe and in good working order for your tenants and have an Electrical Installation Condition Report for evidence.
For only £99* per property at Overton Electrical Services Ltd we can simply test your electrical installation and ensure it is safe for your tenants and provide you with this report.
Why Do I Require This Report? Is it a Legal Requirement?
Yes if you do any of the following:-
- Rent a property to tenants
- Rent your property to a council and require an electrical inspection report.
- If your property is a House in Multiple Occupancy (HMO).
What does the Test Involve?
- A thorough visual inspection of a random sample of parts of the electrical installation by our qualified and experienced Overton Engineers
- A series of electrical tests to determine the safety of the electrical installation.
What if there is any Remedial Work to be done?
- It is your responsibility to ensure this work is undertaken and we are happy to offer you a highly competitive quotation free of charge
- A price will be quoted – NO work will be done without your agreement
What’s included in the Price?
- A Fixed Wire Test which is a thorough test of your electrical installation
- The provision of an Electrical Installation Condition Report
- A complimentary reminder when the next text is required for peace of mind
How often is the Test Required?
- If your property has not had its full electrics checked within the last five years it must be done immediately
- The test is then required every five years for properties over ten years old
- A test is required following any changes within the property to the electrics
- Plus on the changing of tenancy in case they have interfered with any electrics
What is not included in the Test?
- We do not test any portable appliances such as washing machines, fridges, freezers etc. These require a separate PAT (Portable Appliance Test) call now for a quote. Tel: Overton Electrical Services Ltd on: 01623 632302
Note: If you do not pass the test a failure certificate would be issued and would have to be re tested unless remedial were carried out at the same time. If any of the appliances fail our inspection, it is your responsibility to make sure that the appliances are repaired or replaced and a secondary test is required if you do not use our services. This is standard.
Article care of Overton Electrical Services Ltd. Tel: 01623 632302
*Price exclusive of VAT
Article Date 12th March 2014
Grants to Prevent Business Crime in Mansfield and Ashfield
In a time of recession you may feel you cannot invest the amount of money you would like to in protecting your business premises. However, you should make it a priority to prevent it happening as it will cost you so much more in capital and time replacing the losses. With dark night's drawing in, opportunities increase for someone to simply intrude on your premises causing thousands in damage, hours of disruption, precious ‘out of office’ working time for staff and even loss of vital data.
Through the ‘Ambition for Ashfield and Mansfield’ project, which is being delivered by the Ashfield and Mansfield Shared Regeneration Service at Mansfield District Council, some SME businesses in the two areas could be eligible to claim up to 50% of project costs with a grant between £1,000 and £5,000. The grant could assist with the purchase of capital expenditure on security measures such as CCTV, alarms, lighting and access controls if they are recommended by Nottinghamshire Police.
The scheme is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and as a consequence is only available to businesses that are in premises which have B1, B2 and B8 premises use class. The scheme is not available to retail businesses or businesses occupying retail premises.
SSAIB Accredited Overt Alarms a division of Overton Electrical Services Ltd, based on Hermitage Lane Estate, Mansfield have worked with their clients for many years ensuring they have high standards of security. As part of their commitment to the local business community they want to ensure all local businesses no matter what size are aware of this grant and take hold of the opportunity.
With a wide range of products including; CCTV, emergency lighting, access control, wired and wireless alarms you are guaranteed peace of mind. Also Overton offer the revolutionary WebEye video verified alarm. With this individually tailored package, sensors are placed appropriately to suit your business need. As soon as there is any intrusion the sensor sets off an alarm to all ‘key holders’. Plus you get a video image so you can take immediate action and contact the police. This product is perfect for a wide range of businesses including office units, conference facilities, and warehouses, building sites and even churches and museums. It can save you thousands on employing security personnel as ‘you are the eyes’,
If your business is located in Ashfield or Mansfield an you would like to obtain a copy of the Guidance and Information notes for the Business Crime Prevention Grant Scheme simply contact Caroline Lomas, Regeneration Project Officer, Mansfield District Council on: 01623 463174 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your business is eligible for support Caroline will attend your premises with Neil Repton, Pre Crime Manager of Nottinghamshire Police to complete a survey. Following on three quotes are required from security companies prior to the grant being approved
Concerned about your business security? Call us on: 01623 632302