Landlord’s Responsibility to Ensure Electrical Safety
As a landlord, you’re required to ensure all electrical wiring, installations and appliances are safe and in good working order for your tenants and have an Electrical Installation Condition Report for evidence.
For only £99* per property at Overton Electrical Services Ltd we can simply test your electrical installation and ensure it is safe for your tenants and provide you with this report.
Why Do I Require This Report? Is it a Legal Requirement?
Yes if you do any of the following:-
- Rent a property to tenants
- Rent your property to a council and require an electrical inspection report.
- If your property is a House in Multiple Occupancy (HMO).
What does the Test Involve?
- A thorough visual inspection of a random sample of parts of the electrical installation by our qualified and experienced Overton Engineers
- A series of electrical tests to determine the safety of the electrical installation.
What if there is any Remedial Work to be done?
- It is your responsibility to ensure this work is undertaken and we are happy to offer you a highly competitive quotation free of charge
- A price will be quoted – NO work will be done without your agreement
What’s included in the Price?
- A Fixed Wire Test which is a thorough test of your electrical installation
- The provision of an Electrical Installation Condition Report
- A complimentary reminder when the next text is required for peace of mind
How often is the Test Required?
- If your property has not had its full electrics checked within the last five years it must be done immediately
- The test is then required every five years for properties over ten years old
- A test is required following any changes within the property to the electrics
- Plus on the changing of tenancy in case they have interfered with any electrics
What is not included in the Test?
- We do not test any portable appliances such as washing machines, fridges, freezers etc. These require a separate PAT (Portable Appliance Test) call now for a quote. Tel: Overton Electrical Services Ltd on: 01623 632302
Note: If you do not pass the test a failure certificate would be issued and would have to be re tested unless remedial were carried out at the same time. If any of the appliances fail our inspection, it is your responsibility to make sure that the appliances are repaired or replaced and a secondary test is required if you do not use our services. This is standard.
*Price exclusive of VAT
Overton Electrical Services Ltd Celebrates its 30th Anniversary
We are proud to be celebrating our 30th year as a local electrical contractor. With a history of offering electrical services to the domestic, corporate and industrial market the business has gradually grown and over the last five years has expanded into new areas including fire, CCTV and security alarms.
Director; David Overton has a massive commitment to local employment with his continual engagement of local engineers. He has also employed numerous apprentices throughout the years and avidly believes in bringing young people into the business giving them a future.
David stated “We open our doors to young people and are thrilled with how they develop through the training and experience we offer them. We have taken on over 60 apprentices throughout our history and a new apprentice started on the 1st August. We work very closely with Vision West Nottinghamshire College and in September are undertaking a project offering work experience to students studying level 3 NVQ Diploma in installing electro technical systems & equipment.
We would like to offer a huge thank you to all our clients old and new for using our services. This is a milestone for our business and a great celebration.
Overton Electrical Services Ltd, based at Hermitage Lane Industrial Estate, Mansfield was formed in 1983, and has since grown through their reputation for high standards, competitive prices and professional service becoming one of the leading electrical contractors in the Mansfield area. Offering an extremely competitive complete range of electrical services to the industrial and domestic markets, along with planned and reactive maintenance to large corporate contract works. The company provides excellent customer service to its clients. For Overton Electrical Services Ltd no job is too big or too small.
New newsletters every month…